Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Denise's Standard Shabazz Instructor Introduction

Hi! I'm Denise. Here's a little bit of information about me. The questions were created by our students.


What subject do you teach? English / Language Arts
How long have you been at Shabazz? 10 years

What's the first thing (about school) that you think of in the morning?
Do I have everything I need? Copies, books, word of the day, coffee?

What are three things that students should know about you?
I take my role as a teacher VERY seriously.
I crave creativity.
I require honesty and integrity in those around me.


What made you want to come to Shabazz?
Challenging students, creative freedom, and support to develop as a professional.

What should new students know about Shabazz?
Although it is a place to grow and find yourself, it is still a school. You need to work hard. Do your best to focus; ask good questions; take academic risks.

What's your favorite thing about Shabazz?
The freedom to think, create, debate, and articulate our visions of the world.

What's your most used saying?
"Find the love!”

No comments: